PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Performs a variety of clerical, billing, new account set up, referrals and other related administrative duties within MedSpring Urgent Care’s occupational health service line. Also acts as a non-clinical resource and liaison for center staff members, Area Directors of Operations and medical providers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with other OH Coordinators, employer clients, and other internal departments to ensure operations and billing services are appropriate and accurate.
- Promptly and accurately responds to questions.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of Occupational Health and is able to explain the service line to others.
- Answer a multi-line phone system in a professional and courteous manner within minimum rings.
- Must return all voicemail messages within 24 hrs. of receipt.
- Responsible to review and complete by fax or secured email all workers' compensation forms to employer/clients and insurance carriers within 48 hours from the date of service.
- Identifies and attempts to resolve client issues; if needed, knows when to escalate the issues to the appropriate party.
- For basic billing inquires, research in eClinicalWorks (practice management system) to respond to client billing questions. If needed, escalate to Billing Manager.
- Receive, route, and convey messages in writing, electronically and verbally.
- Scan, file, and fax documents to the appropriate requestor within 24 hrs. of receipt of their request.
- Attend and participate in Weekly Huddle, Monthly Department Meetings, 1:1 scheduled meetings with Department Manager and other ad hoc meetings as needed.
- Respond to emails, phone calls, correspondence, and timelines for Transfer of Care patients, conduct research, etc.
- Assist in the referral process to specialists.
- Assist in requesting medical records from specialists, emergency rooms, and other care facilities.
- Monitor and recommend development of department processes to improve and facilitate the department’s work flow.
- Ability to take employer credit card payments by phone.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 15-25 lbs.
- Required to move from one locationto another within and outsideof the building; push, pull and reach; bend.
- High School Diploma required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Preferably 1+ years of experience in the healthcare field. Occupational Health experience and medical terminology is preferred.
- Occupational Health experience and medical terminology is a plus.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Knowledge of DOT guidelines a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Teamwork orientation.
- A positive attitude, energetic, and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Possess excellent organizational and detail-oriented skills.
- Ability to work independently and must be able to multi-task responsibilities.
- Ability to work with other departments to insure positive outcomes and company objectives met.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft software products such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Prior experience with eClinicalWorks or another EMR a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain HIPAA compliance of information.
- Resourcefulness in problem solving.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills for conflict resolution
- Ability to take and follow through with delegated tasks.
- Must e able to speak and write English fluently.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity