PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Assist Area Center Director in managing MA team, performing the responsibilities of the MA position, and ensuring company policies and procedures are properly and efficiently carried out – including an exceptional patient experience.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review PVM Tracking Board daily to determine actions needed, including completion of charts, to minimize Unbilled Activity visits at month end.
- Review Pending Log reports from Lister daily; verify and correct information for proper billing. Notify all team members of errors to ensure they are not repeated.
- Send Patient Referral log to Patient Coordinator at partner hospital daily.
- Review Daily Deposit sheet, ensure all totals match, and share responsibility for taking deposit to bank multiple times per week.
Review LogBook from prior day for:
- Employer Paid Service visits: make sure charges are properly sent, and employer has received a copy of test results
- Work Comp visits: follow up to determine if claim # is needed for processing
- Verify correct charges and posting in the patient’s account
- Prepare Agenda and lead the Monthly Center Team Meeting, in conjunction with Lead X-Ray Technologist and Lead Provider.
In coordination with Lead MA’s at center sharing team members, create MA monthly schedules and assist MA team members with any questions on their Schedules.
- Ensure all Full-Time team members are scheduled a minimum of 2 evening shifts and 2 weekend shifts per month. Work with other Team Leads in center to meet goal of having a Team Leader working each weekend.
- Field any call-outs from MA team members and assist in finding coverage for center with help from ACD when needed.
Supervise and manage MA team members, including documenting negative incidents and praising positive performance.
- Counsel and mentor team members and document those interactions.
- Make ACD aware of team member issues that are not corrected and any need for further intervention.
- Be available by phone for MA team members if there are questions at the center.
- Serve as primary Center Lead for Office Supplies purchasing or Medical Supplies purchasing as designated by Area Center Director.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are properly and efficiently carried out, including Exceptional Patient Experience, by all MA team members.
- Ensure team members are completing all center QA logs, and completing call-backs with proper documentation.
- Assist ACD with interviewing, hiring, and training new team members.
- Fulfill the above duties while performing the responsibilities of the MA role as follows:
- Greet all patients upon entry in the center according to ChoiceOne policy.
- Perform a rapid evaluation of patients’ condition and prioritize as needed.
- Cover the front desk area when needed. Understand and perform the registration process, insurance verification, collect copays and deductibles.
- Prepare rooms for patient use including restocking of all supplies.
- Put away any supplies delivered to the center.
- Work in conjunction with the other Center Team Lead(s) to monitor medical supplies.
- Make follow-up calls three days after each patient’s visit to ensure patient status and satisfaction.
- Review all Patient Registration forms, ensure all information has been properly added to the patient record, scan and shred original copies when completed.
- Ensure that each room is cleaned after every patient encounter.
- Answer incoming phone calls. Forward call or take message as appropriate. Assist callers when call is pertaining to medications and patient care.
- General office cleanup at the end of the day or the end of the shift. On days the cleaning company is not scheduled, assist in pulling all trash and taking it out, wiping down patient surface areas, and cleaning floors.
- Efficiently assess all patients including present condition and medical history entering all information into the EMR.
- Direct patients to available examination rooms and ensure rooms are set up based on patient initial complaint.
- Prepare patient for provider examination. Assist the provider with patient care when needed.
- Perform electrocardiograms, venipuncture, wound care, and lab testing when indicated.
Demonstrate all required laboratory policies and procedures that are OSHA compliant.
- Complete orders and prepare lab specimens for pick-up by the appropriate lab. Check the lab queue several times a day, following up on directions by the provider.
- Enter patient referrals in Referral Log Book.
- Sterilization of all medical instruments after use.
- Assist Provider with any medical procedures, patient education or medication administration, as directed by the Provider.
- Other Duties as assigned by the Area Center Director and Lead Provider.
- Perform all duties while fulfilling the ChoiceOne Patient Experience principles.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Lead MA shall have 1 year minimum leadership/management experience.
- Current certification as a Medical Assistant, preferably with ER / Urgent Care experience.
- Current CPR certification.
- Understanding of the concepts of universal precautions, HIPAA, and OSHA.
- Team player, excellent verbal and communication skills, adaptable in different situations, possesses excellent client interaction skills, able to multi-task and work independently.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity