PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
To provide patient centric care and medical assistance duties for ChoiceOne patients.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets and assists patients and other guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner.
- Registers arriving patients in the EMR following existing protocols.
- Rooms patients and provides triage services, including vital signs, review of symptoms and chief complaint in an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Accurately record patient information such as vital signs, review of systems and chief complaint in an electronic medical record (EMR)
- Perform routine lab maintenance and logs; perform routine maintenance on the autoclave, sterilization and packaging of surgical instrument kits.
- Assisting with procedures; phlebotomy/specimen send-outs; injections; assist with splinting/casting; EKG's ; drug and alcohol testing / physicals; in-house lab testing: rapid strep, pregnancy testing, flu testing, glucose, etc.
- Proficient in full range of medical assisting skills, including the ability to start intravenous (IV) lines, draw blood and collect urine samples, reconstitute medications, administer oral medications, provide injections and immunizations, provide oxygen and nebulizer treatments, assist providers with medical procedures, perform minor procedures, collect specimens, perform rapid laboratory tests, perform EKGs, process and prepare blood samples for outside lab processing, and splinting and fitting patients for durable medical equipment.
- Functions as both, front office or back office clinical team member, depending on daily assignment. Performs all of the assigned duties of the host or clinical daily responsibilities check list for opening, shift and closing of center.
- Cleaning and staging of exam and procedure suites in between patient occupancy.
- Processes cash and credit payments for services.
- Performs regular and accurate inventory of medical supplies and processes orders. Re-stocks shelves and suites when supply orders are received.
- Performs administrative tasks such as composing of and responding to emails, answering and making phone calls, etc.
- Assist new associates in training as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Roving to all centers in your market required.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 15-30 lbs.
- Required to move from one location to another within and outside of the building; push, pull and reach; bend; stand for long periods of time; and sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to speak and write English fluently.
- High School Diploma required
- CPR Certification is required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years’ related experience.
- Urgent Care / fast track ER experience is a plus but not required
- Ability to see, hear, and accurately read and write medical terminology.
- Experience with labs, history and vitals, blood draws and IVs necessary.
- An outstanding bedside manner with both pediatric and adult patients.
- A positive and energetic attitude which inspires other team members.
- Demonstrated ability and strong commitment to exceptional patient care and customer service principles.
- Possess excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, balance multiple tasks, set priorities, and solve problems independently.
- Ability to work will under high pressure situations in a fast track environment
- Technology proficiency is critical, including previous EMR experience and knowledge of Microsoft software products such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Prior experience with eCW preferred.
- Type 45 WPM.
- Ability to work 8 or 12 hour shifts, overtime, on-call, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Must have reliable, independent transportation in order to travel to various locations during any given shift.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.