PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Operations Analyst II provides general financial analysis and reporting for the assigned business unit(s). The incumbent gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements and operating forecasts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, perform general financial analyses of moderate scope to assist management in the review of operations; formulate recommendations for management as appropriate.
- Prepare reports, budgets and forecasts for management review on a routine basis in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Assist the assigned business unit(s) with financial close processes on a routine basis; identifying, researching and resolving erroneous data.
- Review inventory packages on a routine basis; identifying and resolving discrepancies and/or adverse trends.
- Coordinate, support and monitor the budget process for the assigned business unit(s) on a routine basis; resolving identified issues through collaboration with cross-divisional teams to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Develop professional expertise; apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues. Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Build productive working relationships.
- May refer to senior level staff for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.