PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
ChoiceOne Urgent Care Radiology Technicians should be comfortable in a clinical care setting, willing to work with a team, well-versed in medical terminology, friendly, dependable and patient-focused.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Digital on-site X-Ray (if applicable)
- Assisting with procedures; phlebotomy/specimen send-outs; injections; assist with splinting/casting; EKG's ; drug and alcohol testing / physicals; in-house lab testing: rapid strep, pregnancy testing, flu testing, glucose, etc.
- On-call a few days a month required.
- Roving to all centers in your market required.
- Functions as both, front office or back office clinical team member, depending on daily assignment. Performs all of the assigned duties of the host or clinical daily responsibilities check list for opening, shift and closing of center.
- Greets and assists patients and other guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner.
- Registers arriving patients in the EMR following existing protocols.
- Rooms patients and provides triage services, including vital signs, review of symptoms and chief complaint in an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Accurately record patient information such as vital signs, review of systems and chief complaint in an electronic medical record (EMR); Perform routine lab maintenance and logs; perform routine maintenance on the autoclave, sterilization and packaging of surgical instrument kits.
- Cleaning and staging of exam and procedure suites in between patient occupancy.
- Processes cash and credit payments for services.
- Performs regular and accurate inventory of medical supplies and processes orders. Re-stocks shelves and suites when supply orders are received.
- Performs administrative tasks such as composing of and responding to emails, answering and making phone calls, etc.
- Assist new associates in training as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standard full-time schedule consists of (3) 13 hour days per week or (5) 8 hour shifts per week. Your work days are not consistent so you must have full availability 7 days a week including weekends and holidays. Our centers are open 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Ability to lift 15-30 lbs.
- Required to move from one location to another within and outside of the building; push, pull and reach; bend; stand for long periods of time; and sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to speak and write English fluently.
- High School Diploma required; Associate’s Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 – 4 years’ related experience.
- BLS / CPR Certification
- Current state licensure as an RT (or an LMRT / NCT (where applicable)).
- High energy and skill level
- At least 1 year of experience as an RT (NCT/LMRT, where applicable)
- Current license in good standing and all renewals at the expense of the associate
- Family practice, internal medicine or occupational health experience preferred
- Urgent Care / fast track ER experience is a plus but not required
- Ability to provide excellent patient care and great customer service
- Reliable transportation and flexibility to travel outside of your home base center if needed
- High standard of work ethic
- Impeccable patient care
- Positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a small group dynamic autonomously
- Be a great team player
- Ability to stay focused under pressure
- Ability to manage a schedule with at least 60 patients per day
- Organizational skills a must
- Computer literacy required experience with EMR eClinicalWorks needed
- Knowledge of medical terminology required
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.